On any given day I am sure that all of you at some point visit the bathroom. We all need a bio break from time to time and that break has become the equivalent of a smokers break for some. A 15 minute break from our busy days, only to be busier while there.
The iPhone has become a toy of sorts during the bio break and also extends that break more into a visit.
I know men who bring novels into the bathroom, magazines, for crying out loud even ESPN Zones have TVs above their stalls. The bathroom is no longer a quiet get away, but rather a place to “catch up”.
There really are two types of guys out there, it really is that easy.
1. The Squatter: This is the guy (or gal) who spends way too much time in the bathroom. This is the iPhone’s main contender!
2. The In and Out: This is the guy (or gal) who doesn’t waste much time doing their thang.
With the above out of the way and you feeling that your mind should not have gone where it went, I want to bring you back and introduce you to a few apps that can help your time go a bit faster, or possibly even prolong your visit.
To make the most of your time, you don’t want to be in the bathroom playing Final Fantasy Tactics or an MMORPG game. You need something quick!
Below is a list of Apps that I feel can get you in and out and still be enjoyable. Mostly games, but never the less entertaining for your time alone in the stalls!
1. Tweetbot: This is best iOS app out there in my mind. A great tool to access the ever growing line of 140 character assault. This is a must have for your bio break!
2. Angry Birds: If you don’t know this game, well, you live in a cabin out in the woods where they don’t have cell service anyway so. This is a quick in and out type of game where one level can be enough enjoyment for the time you are in the bathroom. You could also try and beat your world record and remain in the stall till your legs fall asleep.
3. Tiny Wings: This game is a masterpiece. The soundtrack, (I hope you turn the sound off in the bathroom) is one that cannot be ignored. The game itself is a fast paced game in which you control a bird across different islands. A must have if you enjoy Angry Birds.
4. Let’s Golf: (or Let’s Golf 2) This is a little bit more for the Squatter in all of us. A solid round of 9 holes or even a full 18 can take a bit of time. But if the boss is annoying you or the girl in the next cube stinks, this may be a worthy escape.
5. Reeder: This is not only a fabulous bathroom app, but one of my most used apps since the inception of the iPhone. Reeder is a newsreader app that ties into your Google account. Reading news on the hopper is a must for all men.
So what say you men? Ladies?
Do you utilize the time in the bathroom to do just that, or do you use it for a break and place a little angry birds?!