PayPal has been around a long time and is a popular transaction service for eBay users, freelancers and even small businesses. When Square launched awhile ago the concept of mobile payment via smartphone was reinvented (if not truly introduced for the first time). Square has enjoyed a large corner of the market (pun intended), but PayPal wasn’t satisfied to sit idly by.
Introducing, PayPal Here.
When PayPal here was first announced I signed up for the notifications hoping to get in on the first release. I don’t know where I was in the pecking order, but I was able to download the PayPal Here iOS app two weeks ago and the free card reader arrived in the mail on Friday.
What I liked:
- The app was easy to use and I was setup in a matter of minutes.
- Simple to navigate and adjust settings.
- The card reader is solidly built and attaches firmly.
- App accepts PayPal (obviously), 4 major credit cards as well as checks and invoices.
What I didn’t like:
- I would rather have one universal PayPal app with the “Here” added in.
- That’s all I’ve got.
I’ve used PayPal to a minimal level for awhile, but as I step up my photography and other projects I’m looking forward to putting PayPal Here to the test.
Do you use a mobile payment app?
Will your iPhone ever fully replace your wallet?