During the WWDC keynote on Monday, Apple, along with every major Apple tech blog, made the world aware of iOS 6. There were Map updates, Facebook integration, and Siri can do a lot more, just to name a few.
What they failed to mention, is when the fun really starts.
Hundreds of changes have been recorded already and we wanted to give you a bit more of what we have found playing around with iOS 6.
Below is a list, and it’s just that, a list, that will change with each beta we see from Apple.
- The Music app has been overhauled and looks gorgeous! A bit slow loading on the iPhone 4 though.
- The status bar changes color to match the color scheme of certain iOS apps while they’re running. This does NOT pertain to all apps.
- New privacy controls for lots of different things.
- The Reminders app now displays badges for outstanding tasks.
- When you download a new app, there is a “new” banner across the icon. It will disappear after your first use.
- You can now “pull-to-refresh” in the Mail app. Love this workflow!
- The built-in Weather app has been given a fancy new look, but it still uses Yahoo weather, which sucks…
- You can now tweet or post status updates to Twitter and Facebook directly from the Notification Center. This was posted as part of my Hands on iOS 6 post yesterday.
These are just some of the things we at Geekfori have caught so far with our time running iOS 6 on our iDevices.
Have you noticed anything more?
Are you happy with iOS 6 and what you have seen so far?