[This is part of the Weekly Thoughts blog series.]
A little background is needed for this week’s weekly thoughts. Allyson and I took a road trip from our home in Naperville, IL to Moorhead, MN where my sister Margot lives. We stopped in Bloomington, MN on our way up to sleep at my aunt and uncle’s house. On our way back home we were going to spend the night in Bloomington again but detoured and spent the night at my aunt and uncle’s lake cabin up near Emily, MN. It was beautiful! There are pictures along with more about our trip here. Below is our route.
- Road trips are therapeutic
- Having Allyson in the car with me makes the drive go faster
- My sister is a good host
- It should be warmer at this time of year
- They have the same songs on the radio in Moorhead, MN as they do in Chicagoland
- Cat’s really do get a kick out of this
- The wood chipper from the movie Fargo is a celebrity in Fargo, ND.
- The majority of people in Middle Minnesota wear one of two shirts; “name of their lake shirt” or “the same picture of a deer multiple times shirt”
- Falling asleep feet from a peaceful lake is so… peaceful
- Truck weigh stations are always closed
- Allyson and I really needed that vacation!
[Gorilla Image by: mcmckenna]