Yesterday, Apple, released their attempt at a Podcasts app for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. The Podcasts app features a “Top Stations” guide for content discovery, playback syncing between different iOS devices, the ability to stream shows, and more.
Not long ago we got great feedback on our Downcast App Review, a very popular podcast tool. While we love Downcast, this app is made well and looks great so far!
Check out the details below on what the app includes. For a free app I believe this could take down Downcast!
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.
- Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
- Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
- Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
- Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
- Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
- Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
- Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
- Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
- Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
- Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
Will you use this over Downcast? Do you even listen to Podcasts on your iPhone?
Download it for free from the App Store.